Is the AGW Scare Collapsing?
Posted by greg2213 on January 27, 2010
There are some interesting bits that suggest the Man-Made Global Warming scenario is starting to break down. Of course, by this I mean the Al Gore inspired, WE MUST DO SOMETHING NOW OR WE WILL ALL DIE!!! global warming, not the few 10ths that the world might actually have warmed over the last 100 or so years.
The speed at which the AGW scenario will collapse is directly proportional to the speed at which the Worldwide Mainstream Media grabs hold of the story. If they decide that it’s juicy enough to overturn their well-established (pro-AGW) views on the issue, then they will due a lot of work on the issue.
While the MSM has been ignoring the issue there are some cracks appearing in their wall of denial. I expect more will be coming soon enough.
Australia’s Herald Sun has Ten signs that the warming scare is collapsing
Watt’s, Smith, and Co released their critique of the surface station record
A scientist quoted by Gore throws Gore under the bus (and Gore did quote Dr. Maslowski’s wild remarks correctly.)
US House of Rep bill. If a Democrat is authoring one of these then the Warming issue is getting more interesting.
- HR391 – To amend the Clean Air Act to provide that greenhouse gases are not subject
to the Act, and for other purposes. By Marsha Blackburn, R, Tenn
- HR4396 – To amend the Clean Air Act to provide that greenhouse gases are not subject to the Act, and for other purposes. Rep. Earl Pomeroy [D-ND]
Glacier claims known to be bogus
The scientist behind the bogus claim in a Nobel Prize-winning UN report that Himalayan glaciers will have melted by 2035 last night admitted it was included purely to put political pressure on world leaders.
Top scientist breaks ranks…
Further damning revelations are pouring in from the gaping wound that has inflicted the fast unraveling theory of the green monster that is man made global warming…. Christy served as a UN IPCC lead author in 2001 for the 3rd assessment report.
Science Chief calls for honesty..
The impact of global warming has been exaggerated by some scientists and there is an urgent need for more honest disclosure of the uncertainty of predictions about the rate of climate change, according to the Government’s chief scientific adviser…
Professor Beddington said that climate scientists should be less hostile to sceptics who questioned man-made global warming. He condemned scientists who refused to publish the data underpinning their reports.
- Once We Were Climate Alarmists – And so it came to pass , the great exodus had begun, and all manner of scoundrel hid among the crowd hoping to go unnoticed…
- New paper in Nature on CO2 amplification: “it’s less than we thought” – Is Nature starting to allow (even slightly) skeptical articles??? Wow. More on the that report
- Norwich 24 (UK) – Norwich’s flagship university was at the centre of a new row today after it emerged it broke the law by refusing to hand over its raw data for public scrutiny in the climate change row over stolen emails…
- ABC “News” – Can Climate Forecasts Still Be Trusted?
More to come…