The Greens Aren’t Very Nice, Are They?
Posted by greg2213 on May 27, 2010
Recently, radical environmentalists have waged a campaign to stifle free enterprise and economic freedom. Here are some of their recent skirmishes, ranging from crop destruction in Australia to attacks on toy companies like Lego and Disney…
C3 Headlines notes some of the things the alarmists have said about the skeptics. Brings back fond memories of the Spanish Inquisition… I guess they feel their gravy train is being threatened.
- James Hansen of NASA wanted trials for climate skeptics, accusing them of high crimes against humanity
- Robert Kennedy Jr. called climate skeptics traitors
- Yvo de Boer of the UN called climate skepticism criminally irresponsible
- David Suzuki called for politicians who ignore climate science to be jailed
- DeSmogBlog’s James Hoggan wants skeptics treated as war criminals (video)
- Grist called for Nuremberg trials for skeptics
- Joe Romm encourages the idea that skeptics will be strangled in their beds
- A blogger at TPM pondered when it would be acceptable to execute climate deniers
- Heidi Cullen of The Weather Channel called for skeptical forecasters to be decertified
- Bernie Sanders compared climate skeptics to Nazi appeasers.
- [Not to mention Greenpeace declaring that “they know where you live”] Here’s the current page, where Greeenpeace posts its case for “that quote was taken WAY out of context,” and here’s an article regarding the original post. Hopefully GP took the writer into a dark back room and made it very clear to the fellow that their goal is to win hearts and minds, not spit on them. Personally, I think they took him into the party room and gave him a round of “high-fives.”
ClimateQuotes collects, you guessed it, quotes from other wild and wacky alarmist types. For example, here’s their Al Gore page.
And then, there are various other quotes by various extreme types…
Let’s not forget the 10:10 video. These are such lovely people.